Monday, October 16, 2006

lab: week 5, Serial communication: Serial Poetry

I made a little prototype, involving a photocell sensor and a 255-word crappy poem. The idea is, as you restrict and allow different levels of light into the photocell, a new word of the poem will be printed on screen. The theme being light and darkness. Clever huh!

I got it working finally, though the problem wasn't as big as i thought. It was just a stale lockfile that was preventing my serial port from working correctly. Anyways, it works as expected, except that these photocells don't seem very sensitive. So it's been almost impossible to get to the upper and lower regions of the poem.

Here's a little screen cap:

No comments: